The Rogers Park Food Co-op is passionate about and committed to being an economic engine for our community by providing good paying jobs, health education, mentoring young adults, and sourcing local eco-friendly nutritional products using the co-op model of a democratically controlled store, owned, managed, operated by, and accountable to the members of our community.
Position Overview: The Outreach Coordinator will be primarily responsible for implementing and coordinating the owner recruitment campaign and cultivating strategic partnerships with the community through building strategic relationships, outreach events, education, and owner/volunteer engagement. The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for increasing awareness of the co-op, our mission, and our activities through effective, creative, and professional marketing and public relations.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Five years plus experience with marketing, fundraising, project management and/or capital development
- Community organizing experience
- Proven success in meeting and exceeding performance goals
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to adjust to seasonal or event related fluctuations in workload
- Knowledge/understanding of the community’s diverse culture and ethnicity and be able to engage and respond positively to its opportunities and challenges
- Current involvement in our local community is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer competency and a good working skill set for Google applications, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Social Media
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
This is a part-time position requiring 20 hours per week which includes attending bi-weekly Board Meetings and evenings and weekends as needed. This is a contractual position with salary to be determined by experience. Please note that this position may evolve as the Co-op grows.
How to Apply: Please email resume, cover letter and references to Kristina at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Outreach Coordinator Search” as the subject.